This recipe was created by a major Toronto Ontario hospital to rapidly and safely reduce a patients weight prior to surgery. It’s safe and it works! Comment below to let others know if this worked for you 🙂
Soup Diet Instructions (soup recipe below)
Eat as much of any fruit you want EXCEPT BANANAS.
Eat only soup and fruit today but eat all you want.
Fill up on fresh vegetables (salads etc).
Eat all the soup you want and have a large baked potato with butter at dinner time.
But NO FRUIT TODAY.
Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want, but NO POTATOES.
If you haven’t cheated you will have lost.
5-7 lbs by tomorrow morning.
Bananas and skim milk.
Eat at least 3 bananas and all the milk you want today.
Remember, you can have soup anytime you want.
Beef and Tomatoes.
You can have up to 20 ounces of beef and 6 tomatoes in any style you like.
Remember to eat soup too.
Beef and Vegetables.
Eat all the beef and veggies you want today.
You can have 2-3 steaks if you want, with green leafy vegetables.
But NO POTATOES.
Don’t forget to have soup.
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice, and veggies today.
Eat all you want whenever you want and have soup as often as you can.
The soup is the key —
If you haven’t cheated, you should have lost 10 – 17 lbs.
Prescription medications will not be affected by this diet, but check with you doctor before you begin the diet just to be sure.
Remember; The more soup you eat, the more weight you will lose.
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes (1 large can)
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste (1 small can)
- 6 green onions
- 2 boxes of beef broth
- 1 bunch celery & tops
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a very large stock pot, combine all the seasonings, tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Over med/high heat, bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Wash and rough chop carrots, celery (including tops), and green peppers into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash, trim and cut green beans into 1 inch lengths.
- Chop green onion into 1/4 inch lengths.
- Add all vegetables to simmering pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir and simmer on low for 60 – 90 minutes.