- 1 C peeled, cubed, cooked white potato
- 1/2 C peeled, cubed, cooked carrot
- 1/4 C sunflower oil
- 1/4 C non-dairy milk (can sub water)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 pickled jalapeño slices
- 3 tbsp. jalapeño pickling liquid
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Peel, cube and boil the potatoes and carrots in pot of water for approx. 10 mins. Drain them from the boiling water and add to a high-speed blender immediately. If you cook the potatoes for too long they will become starchy and your sauce will not be smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and combine until smooth. Your sauce may be hot enough to serve immediately, if you’re in a rush, or heat it up in a small pot to thicken it slightly before pouring over whatever food you want to make cheesier! How about chips, chili, broccoli, or cauliflower for starters. Go wild!