- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice (270g)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp oil (110g)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (15g)
- 1 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour (120g)
- 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder (80g)
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or packed 1/2 cup coconut sugar (115g)
- only if using Bob’s gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup unrefined sugar OR stevia baking blend
- loosely packed 2 tbsp non-GMO cornstarch (flax meal also works)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Whisk together the first 3 ingredients, then set aside. If using flax, whisk it in as well.
- Preheat oven to 330F. Grease a 9×13 pan or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients. Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan. Smooth down.
- Bake 16 minutes. The brownies will look a little underdone when they come out, but that’s okay!
- Refrigerate – they start to firm up after a few hours and are nice and cut-able by the next day, and the taste is much better the next day as well.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze.
Frost with frosting of choice or the following recipe:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (40g)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave (30g)
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted (75g)
Directions: Stir ingredients together to form a thin sauce. Spread over the brownies, and refrigerate or freeze 20 minutes to set